Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Perfect Diet

Introduction

What is the perfect diet? After a few minutes of brainstorming, I created this list.
  1. Does not cause disease.
  2. Cures many diseases.
  3. High energy.
  4. Easy to follow.
  5. Easy to prepare
  6. Weight control.
  7. Research supports health claims.
  8. Long and healthy life.
  9. Affordable.
I've been studying diets for many years, and there is only one diet that meets all these criteria. This is a starch based diet with the addition of fruits and vegetables and no added fats. The research is thousands of years old, and disciplined published research is over one hundred years old.

A starched based diet builds meals around foods like potatoes, rice, beans, grains, sweet potatoes, corn and other starches. These starches should cover approximately half the plate and the fruits and vegetables should cover the other half.

There are no meat or dairy products in this diet. There are also no added vegetable oils.

Affordable? This dish cost eighty-four cents and has 454 calories. It is easy to eat 2,000 calories of healthy food a day for under $5.00.



You are betting your life

Everyone is literally betting their lives on their diet. Ninety-five percent of all diseases are in reality conditions caused by the person's diet. It is worth an enormous amount of your time to investigate and find the healthiest diet available.


Do you want to avoid doctor's offices? Do you want to avoid most of the sicknesses people think come with age?  Sickness and disease does not come with age. It mostly comes from what we eat! 

I've been mostly vegetarian and then vegan since 1993. I haven't been sick a single time. I'm 62 years old and physically active. I don't have any aches and pains. I've not been to a doctor the entire time. I'm at a normal weight for my height.



Should you believe me?

I'm not a doctor, nurse, or nutritionist, and I don't have a medical background. I did watch Dr. Kildare, Medical Center, Dr. Marcus Welby, and Grey's Anatomy. Of course you shouldn't believe me. I've chosen follow Dr. McDougall who has studied healthy foods for almost a half century.

The Starch Solution

Dr. McDougall did not invent the starch solution; he discovered it by observation and by talking to other experts. If you are the type who likes to read all the supporting studies, I recommend The Starch Solution by Dr. McDougall. If you prefer to watch videos, you can watch about 12 hours of videos here on YouTube. If you prefer to read articles online, you can find his archive of articles here. If you like to participate in forums, you can participate in his forums.

Whichever way you choose to do your research, Dr. McDougall provides all the information you need to refute other forms of eating.

Conclusion

Dieting is a hot button issue as there is so much false advertising. To live a healthy life we must dig through all the rubbish to get to the truth. It's worth spending a long time doing this. In the end, we must each make our own decisions, so I don't debate the issue except to refer people to Dr. McDougall. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: